Friday, July 18, 2008

shopping for the kitchen

I just got in from Boston yesterday and can't wait to share some stories and photos. It may take some time to get things organized around here so until then I wanted to share this link to the Niagara Culinary Trail.
www.niagaraculinarytrail.com
I discovered this site from a brochure I picked up at Niagara College's Teaching Winery boutique. It lists all of Niagara's artisan markets, cafe's, bakeries, farms, wineries & local food shops all in one handy brochure. The website is just as great, I'm so pleased someone compiled and shared all that Niagara has to offer.

On our vacation to New England I really didn't shop a heck of a lot - there was just too much to do and see rather than shop at another Anthropologie. But I could not resist shopping for the kitchen. This is pretty much the total goods purchased in Boston (not including gifts).
A lobster cracker from Crate and Barrel (among other items) is a great souvenir to remind us of all the amazing seafood we enjoyed. As is Old Bay seasoning, which I've never seen sold in Canada or WNY so I snatched it up with glee. Various granola, chocolate and bars from Trader Joe's. A bottle of Mondavi wine and a Red Sox pez. It's not a cliche, everyone in Boston is OBSESSED with the Sox.

No comments: