Monday, September 1, 2008

labour day party


Last night was a bar-b-que
& bonfire at our friends Karissa & Kevin's place. Nuno and I brought along this broccoli salad I saw on Anna Olson's show 'Fresh'. What do you know but Jaya brought a variation of the exact same salad! But you can never have too much of a good thing.

Looking back I think I should add that although this was a bbq
& bonfire, it was also a dessert party. There were two different delicious cakes. Karissa made a spiced bunt with a fragrant apple compote and Katie made a rich (which I wouldn't normally use to describe a cake - but for this - it was appropriate) strawberry cake.
I don't know, but this summer feels like it's going out with a bang with this killer weather. Nuno and I are going to try and get the last little bit out of it by picnicking tonight. We deserve it after a grueling day of car cleaning and back breaking weed pulling.

No comments: