Tuesday, March 3, 2009

pizza is easy!

After watching last Thursday's episode of Martha Stewart featuring the owner of Co. Pizza in Chelsea NYC I got inspired to make homemade pizza. It's been a couple years since I've done it and I really don't know why it's been so long. It's so quick and easy when you have a pizza stone.
This time around I picked up a couple really awesome techniques I wanted to share. First is to heat your oven to 500 degrees. This works to get that really rustic thin crust style. Second is to dress your pizza once you've placed your dough on the hot stone. This pizza is a Margarita with homemade tomato sauce, a little mozzarella and basil leaves.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yummm! that looks so good. can I come over and you guys can treat me with pizza and I can treat you with pod people? sounds like a fair trade. haha!