Monday, March 9, 2009


Nuno and I worked together on Sunday dinner dessert of Creme Brulee. They turned out perfect!


I heard you can scorch the top of a creme brulee in the oven under the broiler - but I don't have a lot of faith in that method. I decided that to make creme brulee, I need a torch. Do you think they are easy to find? No. We ended up finding a high quality one at Niagara Kitchen & Restaurant Supply for more than we wanted to pay for it. So it looks like I'll be making loads of meringue pies and brulees to justify this investment.
I've been wanting to talk about my recent discovery of Niagara Kitchen & Restaurant Supply. This store has it all! It's located in the most inconspicuous neighbourhood in St. Catharines, but the place is always busy. It's pretty much Crate and Barrel in Niagara. I even found some items I purchased at C&B there! It's quite high end, and if I'd known about it a few years ago I would have definitely had my bridal registry there.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That creme brulee was soooo yummy!! I had a leftover bowl after dinner tonight and it was almost better the second night. the crispy top wasn't so crispy, but the flavours tasted like they set together better.

I'll give you the recipe for pumpkin creme brulee because that sounds like the ULTIMATE desert and if you're looking for excuses to use your new kitchen tool, there ya go!

Erin said...

I'm so happy you liked it! I guess you can make the creme brulee a day or two in advance and then flame the top when your ready to serve.

You'll have to email me the pumpkin brulee recipe. Where did you find it?

I was just brainstorming and was thinking of trying to come up with a chai brulee!