Tuesday, May 12, 2009

ultrasound #2 & prenatal yoga class

Yesterday was a big day for the baby and me. We had our second ultrasound and it went so well! I was so suprised at how much our baby has grown! We went from a flicker of a heartbeat in our first ultrasound to the technician showing us the baby's head, face, abdomen, arms, legs, feet and hands. There were 5 fingers and toes already! I don't know how to explain it, but when it's yours, it's the sweetest little thing in the world.
We even got a great photo of the baby's profile. The whole experience is so reassuring. All the attention to healthy eating, prenatal vitamins, being active and getting lots of rest - it seems so worth it when you know the baby is developing so well. So now I have half a year of continuing on this path, and from what I've heard, the second trimester is the time I can expect to feel my best during the pregnancy.

Then yesterday evening was our first prenatal yoga class. It's been 5 years since I've seen Yoga by Sarah, so it was a nice reunion. She's moved into a new building in a much better location. The class was full of mom-to-be's. I'm the least showing of all the girls, with only 2 other girls around the same place as myself. Most girls are 20+ weeks, and I just can't wait to be where they all are. I'm very pleased with how the class is run. We are instructed by a RN/Doula/Yoga Instructor who is very involved with her students. The class spends time discussing what to expect during pregnancy, breathing and relaxation techniques and a lot of intense yoga poses. Should be a great way to feel more in touch with the pregnancy and I hope to feel able to deal with everything that will happen.

No comments: