Thursday, June 25, 2009

the results are in....

And here HE is! Yep, our little baby boy!! The ultrasound technician isn't allowed to make a positive i.d. on the spot, but she decided to give us the money shot - and clear as day was our little guy's wenis. He's quite the wild little guy. Of course, I always feel him squirming around in there, but the technician was getting a kick out of how active he was. My biggest fear was that the baby would be asleep in an awkward position and we wouldn't get a clear sex determination. So I thought I'd try something I read which recommended drinking some orange juice because the babies love it and go wild. I can definitely say there is truth behind it.
So I'm just absorbing the idea of raising a boy since I don't have any brothers and most of my cousins are female, I grew up in a female dominated family. So our son is definitely evening the sides a bit. I've got tons to learn and I can't wait to meet him!

2 comments:

Emily said...

I commented on Facebook as well but congratulations! I am in the same boat as you - not used to boys at all, as I grew up with just one sister! I have a feeling it is going to be a lot of fun raising a little boy though... I love it already even though he is only four months old. So excited for you, please keep us posted on everything!

Erin said...

aww, thanks for the wonderful comment(s)! I was talking to Katie last night and said that seeing photos of you and your son together is getting me really excited for my baby. You make it look so easy.He is such a happy baby and you both look happy together.