Monday, July 27, 2009

two thirds in!

Today I went for a check-up at the OB's. It was fairly routine and pleasant and I was in and out in no time. My blood pressure is great and the baby's heartbeat is exactly where they want it to be. I had my first tummy measurement - 25 cm at 25 weeks (um, this is a vertical measurement - not circumference) - which they told me is right on and will grow one centimeter every week from here on. Can you imagine - me with a 40 cm tummy? But I'm certainly feeling the baby slowly taking over my body. I'm no longer jumping in and out of seated positions and I'm slowly inhaling and exhaling getting into bed and the car... oh, even the office chair. By no means am I trying to be dramatic, if anything it's embarrassing, but it's what I've got to do. One last point to note - the OB told me that I'm now officially in the third trimester. 15 weeks left and a pound to gain each week. It's exciting to have made it this far - the final stretch!

No comments: