Sunday, December 5, 2010

gingerbread waffles

Something I started doing since Owen began eating with us was treating the family to waffles every so often on a Saturday morning. It began with having Owen try crepes, then plain whole wheat waffles and then pumpkin waffles. Saturday I made Gingerbread Waffles.

These are quick and easy, with all ingredients already in the house.  They are so fragrant and filled the house with Christmas spice!

What I love about making waffles is that the batter makes so many that I freeze 3/4 of them in freezer bags and we then have waffles around for busy mornings. They freeze great and you can take them straight from frozen to your toaster or microwave.

2 comments:

growgardengrow said...

Please tell me, what did you use for the swirl waffle?

Erin said...

The swirl is an old Powerpuff Girls waffle iron.