Wednesday, January 19, 2011

roasted beet, arugula and clementine salad

I often blog about what we eat for dinner, which is always something different months at a time, but my lunches are always the same - for weeks and weeks. I get hooked on something and drive it right into the ground and this salad is my current go-to salad. I love it because it's hard to eat seasonal in the winter and this  is what I consider to be a perfect salad for December and January. It's Orange, Roasted Beet & Arugula Salad which I originally discovered through Everyday Food, Fresh Flavor Fast (a variation was published in Everyday Food's October issue).

It was between these two recipes and what I had on hand that I've been enjoying this salad which uses clementines, roasted beets, arugula and pecorino romono shavings. The dressing is a mixture of dijon, orange juice, white wine vinegar (balsamic also works great), olive oil, s&p.

No comments: