Sunday, May 15, 2011

come see what's new in my kitchen

I love to shop for new kitchen items! I'm pretty much a stickler for keeping kitchen gadgets to a minimum and be efficient about what we own. But I like having really nice kitchen necessities.

Last Sunday, on Mother's Day, my mom and I made it out to the Handmade Market. The vendors are high quality artisans featuring handmade jewelry, cosmetics, fine art, pottery, bags, apparel, baked goods & confections (etc) which was all set on The Good Earth Food & Wine's vineyard & orchard property. I really regret not documenting this event, so you really must follow the link above to get an idea of what a quality craft show this is. I work with one of the vendors who was selling there and she told me they are holding another in September at 13th Street Winery (yay! even closer). And then another one at the very end of the year in time for Christmas. Holiday shopping!!
I couldn't resist buying myself this hand-crafted wooden chopping block. It was made by a gentlemen who is in the kitchen refinishing business. I'm really pleased with the quality of this board.

Since having to retire many of my Hello Kitty kitchen items, I'm still attempting to keep the room fun, but in a bit of a more male-friendly way.
Here's Owen's first salt & pepper shaker! I make every effort to keep Owen's food very low in sodium, but what are eggs without a touch of salt & pepper? Since we use a bulky pepper grinder, I felt like this robot s&p shaker is perfect for Owen when he's old enough to need a little more seasoning. 
The head (pepper) is magnetized to the body (salt) and it's made of sturdy steel. Cute!

No comments: