Friday, December 16, 2011

braised chicken and mushrooms with creamy polenta

This is Braised Chicken and Mushrooms with Creamy Polenta from Great Food Fast and Roasted Cauliflower from Fresh Flavour Fast.
Over and over again I've been attempting to convince Nuno to try polenta again. Last year he bought a tube of prepared polenta and we all decided we didn't like it with its strange battery-acid taste. But this recipe is from-scratch and I thought it was worth trying again. The only way Nuno agreed was when I told him I'd roast cauliflower as well so if he didn't eat the polenta it was still a complete meal.

The polenta was very easy to make and it cooked at the same temperature and time as the Roasted Cauliflower with paprika. The chicken breast was, of course, simple to prepare and the mushroom sauce was easy too. When it came taste test time - sigh, it was total bliss! The flavours are very authentic Italian and I have to compare it to something I'd love to eat at my favourite Italian restaurant. Although everything is delicious on its own, it is heavenly together and in combination. The polenta absorbs some of the mushroom sauce and is so creamy it really made us do a 180 on the idea of polenta. This is a keeper and I know we'll eat this again and again.

No comments: