Thursday, January 19, 2012

iceberg wedges with thousand island dressing

This is Great Food Fast's Iceberg Wedges with Thousand Island Dressing. Or as it tastes -  a deconstructed Big Mac.
I've only had one Big Mac in my life, but, I swear this tastes very similar. Sure, there isn't any meat (do they even use 'meat?'), cheese, tomato and faux buttery flavoured bun. But it really is tasty albeit a little odd to sit down to a huge wedge of lettuce and chow down with a knife and fork. I actually used a steak knife on this because the serrated edge helped slice through the layers. This recipe is really just one for a homemade Thousand Island dressing, but it's killer. After a couple days now I've single handedly polished off an entire head of lettuce. This oh so retro salad is quite addictive, but I'm sure next week the novelty will have worn off.

No comments: