Friday, March 9, 2012

dinner and a movie

I think we are now getting to the age with Owen where I don't see much harm in having him sit down to enjoy the odd movie. As any parent with a sick child will attest to, it is sometimes the only possible way to keep a feverish busy-body in one place to stay relaxed and heal up. We decided to rent Disney’s Lady and the Tramp for Owen and I’m just not sure who enjoyed it more, me or him. I was totally struck by the story which seemed to hit a little too close to home watching it together with Owen and our Pug Hot Tot by my side. OK, so I was outright sobbing at the tale of a new baby entering a family and their adorable dog, Lady who began feeling replaced. Oh my. 
I was also in complete awe of the craftsmanship and vision that went into the backgrounds this movie features. The palettes are so unbelievably gorgeous and the quality of the animation is incredible in movies like these, they need to be relived now that we have HD and Blu-ray quality. It’s true what they say, you really do relive and gain a new appreciation for childhood as a parent.
Anyone who’s seen the movie could most likely recall the scene where Lady and the Tramp dine in the back of an Italian restaurant. Owen then asked for Spaghetti and Meatballs immediately after watching and it was totally possible for us to have since we always have a stash of homemade meatballs in the freezer.
I like the idea of treating Owen to a dinner and a movie pairing once in a while which I hope to blog about in entries to come.

No comments: