Tuesday, June 5, 2012

couscous with nectarines and pistachios

Owen is always telling us how much he loves couscous. Give the kid a side of rice and he'll tell us he wants couscous instead. Sorry kid, no separate meals in this house. But since it's a popular request, I always try and take note of new and interesting couscous recipes.
This Couscous with Nectarines and Pistachios is a recipe I found through Whole Foods. I'm kinda addicted to it right now and imagine it would be a hit with vegetarians. It is incredibly delicious and a jumping-off point for substitutions with the fruit and nuts. But I'm really enjoying it according to the recipe right now. The only revision I've gone ahead with is to use baby arugula instead of watercress (and I only add it to my portion). For Owen's I added diced chicken (the previous night's leftover from Spicy Chicken with Peanuts) and pick out large pieces of shallot. The prep time is long on this which is it's only drawback, but I double batch it and it lasts for 4 or 5 days in the fridge air-tight.

No comments: