Tuesday, October 30, 2012

pumpkin sausage ravioli with sage brown butter sauce

Our favourite local butcher makes dozens of fresh sausages, one of which is pumpkin flavoured. My sister swears by them so I thought I'd try one an see. With this sausage I built a dinner around it making Pumpkin Sausage Ravioli with Sage Brown Butter Sauce.
After browning the sausage removed from the casing, I filled wonton wrappers with a combination of the meat and ricotta cheese. As they were cooking quickly in boiling water, I made the brown butter sauce. I heated the butter over medium then fried fresh sage leaves until crispy (only one or two minutes). In moments the leaves were crispy, the butter began to smell nutty and change colour everything was complete. These were super tasty. 
Of course folding individual ravioli's is a slightly time consuming process (we used an entire package of wonton wrappers) took about 20 minutes in total. It was well worth the effort because this was an absolutely delicious dinner.

1 comment:

alicia said...

1pumpkin ravioli is one of the greatest food inventions of all time.