Saturday, December 29, 2012

christmas day 2012

Every Christmas with Owen just keeps getting better and better. Christmas through a child's eyes is definitely my favourite way to enjoy the season. Here is our tree on Christmas Eve.
Photobucket

The night before Owen left milk, cookies and carrots for Santa and his reindeer.
Photobucket

Christmas morning we awoke to a covering of freshly fallen snow. The first of the season and it felt so festive.
Photobucket

My sister Katie stayed with us for the holiday. One of the most special things about this Christmas were the stockings she made. She knitted Owen, Nuno and myself stockings and filled them with tons of thoughtful retro and silly toys. The loot included wind-up robots, a wall crawling octopus, silly glasses, finger puppets and a kazoo.
 Photobucket

For breakfast I made a strada, fruit salad and mimosas. Our mimosa's were made from Sophia Coppola's blanc des blanc champagne from her father's vineyard. Owen's mimosa was strictly orange juice with his new sock monkey straw.
  Photobucket

Christmas day was spent with my side of the family and it was wonderful celebrating with my parents, grandma, cousins, aunts and uncles. Great food and as always, lots of gifts. My family are so nice and tons of fun... what can I say, I'm related to the most wonderful people and married into even more great people. I can honestly say I can never relate to those people who shutter at the thought of spending the holidays with family. I struck it rich!
 Photobucket

Here's Katie with her most amazing gingerbread egg nog trifle!
 Photobucket

Everything was delicious, but this trifle had me back for seconds.

No comments: