Monday, February 25, 2013

potato-leek fritatta

These days I find I can't go too long before I start craving a frittata for dinner. They are my idea of a perfect dinner. I know initially I wasn't into the idea of eating eggs for dinner, it just wasn't something I grew up with. But because of Everyday Food I tried something new and now it's a favourite. I was flipping through the January/February 2011 issue of Everyday Food magazine and the Potato-Leek Fritatta stood out because we had some ricotta and leeks that needed to be used up and the rest of the ingredients are kitchen staples so they were also on hand.


The recipe indicates to used pre-cooked potato but I decided to use several regular baking potatoes, cubed and fried in the cast iron skillet until tender. They were nice and crispy which added to the flavour of the finished frittata.


I'm always so pleased with them once they are complete. I think it's that sense of relief (and reward) when I've successfully turned out the frittata onto the platter without burning myself from the hot skillet or left half stuck in the pan.

 
Love it!

No comments: