Sunday, May 26, 2013

I saw the ROLLING FREAKIN STONES!

A couple years ago I had a compulsion to write on this blog about how much I love worship the Rolling Stones. So it's no secret if you've been keeping up with my blog or know me personally that I have been obsessed with the Stones for a long time (it's no exaggeration that I listened to Exile on Main Street daily for 4 years straight). Of the hundreds of concerts I've seen, I've somehow always managed to see most of my favourite bands in small venues and found myself pretty close to the bands during their live performances. But then there's the Rolling Stones - the Holy Grail of concert-going experiences. The band thats live performance has eluded me. As much as seeing their concert was a to-do before I die, I thought it was a desire I'd best leave to rest. All felt lost when, no matter what I did & how hard I tried, I wasn't able to purchase even the most inexpensive ($165 dollar) seats in the nosebleeds when the tickets went on sale a month and a half ago for their limited 50th Anniversary Tour. But with a little tenacity and a shit-load of luck I was able to be one of the lucky 1,000 people who purchased $85 tickets to see the Stones play the Air Canada Centre. It feels like a dream and is honestly like winning the lottery.

Last night Nuno and I had the time of our lives seeing the Stones play every song we've ever wanted to hear. Never before have I been to a concert with such a string of hit after hit.

At nearly 70 they are still at the top of their game and totally rewrite what it takes to make rock n' roll. At no point during the show did you ever feel as if these are aging rock stars - they are like gods! And they were right there in front of me.

Mick bounced, dashed and pumped the crowd like no other performer I've ever seen before. He's charismatic, energetic and his voice was absolutely perfect. The sound at this show was far beyond any live concert footage I've seen. 
I tried my best to capture photos but was so entranced with the experience. We were so lucky to somehow have 2 empty seats beside us during the show, so I had lots of room to dance the night away to what seemed like a never ending, but was actually non-stop 2 full hours and 22 song experience. Setlist here. They finished with my favourite song of all time, Satisfaction.

Nothing compares to seeing the biggest band in rock n' roll live. That's why I can firmly say it was one of the best days of my life. 
More photos of the best day ever.









El Gastronomo lunch at Montabello Park & Momofuko Noodle Bar Toronto for dinner

No comments: