Wednesday, October 23, 2013

slowcooker garlic chicken with couscous

Anyone taken their slow cookers out yet? I know I usually first pull mine out in the winter, but this recipe for Slow Cooker Garlic Chicken with Couscous from Everyday Food December 2011 left me interested enough to take it out a bit early. I have friends who say chicken in the slow cooker is one of their family staple meals. I never understood how they did it with boneless skinless chicken breasts because mine always turn out tough and dry. I’m at the point I’d never venture that route again, but this recipe used bone-in chicken pieces so I felt maybe it was worth trying on the chance they might not be quite so dry.

And they turned out pretty good, just a little tough, but nothing that was too difficult to deal with. The meat falls right off the bone. The flavour was quite nice, similar to a pared down croq au vin. I loved how simple this dinner was to prepare and that, coupled with how economical all the ingredients are, I'd say we'd definitely try this one again.

No comments: