Thursday, March 20, 2014

jamie's fifteen minute meals - tasty daal curry

I was excited to try Jamie's Tasty Daal Curry with Warm Tomato Salad & Naan. I've always been intrigued by daal, seeing it on Indian menus, but always going back to my favourite staples when it comes to eating Indian out. I really loved the simplicity of this dinner and this is just another stunning example of how well seasoned Jamie's ethnic recipes are. They are so accessible for everyone and provide great variety for our family. Jamie even manages to sneak in spinach, which I thought would end up with chewy, hard to break down leaves, but they blended so wonderfully I can't imagine this daal without it.

Ok, so I could have done without the chili powder seasoning in the tomato salad but it was a nice cleansing bite against the rich daal. This dinner was a hit for all three of us.

No comments: