Wednesday, April 2, 2014

jamie's fifteen minute meals - pork marsala, porchini rice & spring greens

Now, who doesn't love a good veal marsala? I know its a personal favourite of mine, but I never considered using pork. Jamie's Pork Marsala with Porchini Rice & Spring Greens sounded awesome but unfortunately feel a little short.

The porcini rice didn't have very much flavour beyond regular white rice. But it was nice enough to carry the star of the show - the marsala cream sauce! I would definitely remake the sauce portion of this dinner again. But what really threw me off were the greens. Boiled greens aren't to my taste and I didn't expect either of the guys to enjoy them either. I understand the meat and rice could use a veggie side, but we can certainly do without this one.

No comments: