Friday, February 10, 2012

listen loud

It's not always easy finding new music that I can really connect with since turning 30. I’m not sure why that is, I do give most indie bands an honest chance. Two bands that I love & continue to are Wye Oak & Deerhunter.

I discovered Wye Oak the old fashioned way – a music video on The Wedge. I knew right away from their sound that they were something I'd enjoy listening to. So I bought their albums from the iTunes Store. They sound like Cat Power’s album “What Would The Community Think?” with an elements of intense rock-out similar to Yo La Tengo. I'm itching to see them live.

For years now I've been non-stop loving Deerhunter. I think this band is creating some of the best and most unique rock music of this time. I discovered Deerhunter because I really loved Atlas Sound first (Bradford Cox is the frontman of both bands).

If anyone would like to share their recommendations of music they've been enjoying I'd love to hear!

No comments: