Monday, March 4, 2013

lemon-horseradish fish cakes

I've been eyeing these Lemon-Horseradish Fish Cakes from Everyday Food Light for quite some time now. After making the salmon burgers the other week I've become a fan of fish paired with horeradish and a mayo style Herb Dipping Sauce.


So these little jems bring the house down. They are so easy to make (and eat) it's unbelievable. The recipe yields so many cakes we ate them for two nights in a row (since I used frozen tilapia in these I couldn't refreeze the cakes like suggested in the recipe). First time around (pictured above with roasted broccoli) I used the cracker crumb coating as directed in the recipe. But the cakes never really got very golden and were a little dense. So the next day I used panko in place and they were even better. We put them into small buns with lettuce topped with the mayo dressing and they were delicious fish burgers. This is one of the best ways to get kids to eat fish.

No comments: