Monday, April 30, 2012

two cheese pizza with arugula salad

Everyday Food Light has a recipe for Two Cheese Pizza with Arugula. Then on further reading you eat this on a tortilla with a side of salad. Yep, they don't call it Everyday Food Light for nothing. Actually, this sounded wonderful for me, but for my boys - no way! I bought a pizza dough and added a ton more toppings so that we could make man pizzas! 
OK, here is the whimpy one and it was nice. I love my pizza with tomato, arugula and balsamic vinegar. But, really, that's not most people's idea of a good pizza. Which is why whenever we make pizza we do a fridge and pantry raid and throw in half used bricks of gruyere and random chorizo sausages from my in-laws. 
Actually, the large pizza below is a combo I highly recommend of tomato, mozzarella, gruyere, parmagiano reggiano, chorizo, kalamata olive, arugula and balsamic vinegar. It's so good and a pizza we'll make over and over again (which in our terms means our next pizza night in maybe, October). Even Owen's margarita was delicious.

No comments: