Thursday, August 9, 2012

pasta with pesto, potatoes and green beans

This Pasta with Pesto, Potatoes and Green Beans is from Great Food Fast .Right now green beans and basil are in season and readily available at markets and farm stands, so this recipe is a great option for this time of year. I was delaying this recipe since I first glanced at it because the idea of eating potatoes and pasta together is just a little off-putting. If it wasn't for my effort to try every recipe in this book I don't think I'd ever have given it a chance.
I've made pesto with many different combinations of herbs and nuts, but never combined so many different options in one. This pesto in particular was one I concoted using leftover of both parsley and basil as well as pine nuts and walnuts. Once complete, this meal was so delicious. It really was a pleasant surprise, all three of us just loved this so it's a total keeper.

2 comments:

katie a go go said...

Thanks for this recommendation. We tried it and it was delicious! I also love that I can make delicious pesto from scratch!

-Katie

Erin said...

Yes, pesto is easy as long as you're OK with the clean up. I'm so happy you tried it and it worked out for you. I know we'll be eating this one again and again :)