Friday, January 18, 2013

broiled shrimp scampi

Last entry I mentioned I hadn't ever tasted shrimp scampi before. I decided to make that history and give the Broiled Shrimp Scampi recipe from Everyday Food Light a try. I can honestly say this is one of the recipes in the book I might have never tried it if it wasn't for how the meatball recipe left me wondering.
  photo photo1_zpsf159dc3c.jpg

 Both Nuno and I love shrimp and have tried it a myriad of ways, but I can say this is the best. This is such an amazing and succulent way to enjoy shrimp. Just lemon, garlic and parsley and voila! So, after having tried shrimp scampi I can say the meatballs taste just like the real deal.
 photo photo3_zps45fb9176.jpg

The accompanying photo in the cookbook showed the shrimp served with some sort of tomato rice dish but the recipe wasn't included in the book. So I made it up based around the green bean and tomato recipe from Fresh Flavour Fast but with canned tomatoes. Yes, fresh tomatoes this time of year are criminally tasteless canned just has to do in January.

No comments: